Frequently Asked Questions
In preparation for a great day out, here is some useful information to help make your experience an awesome one.
How much are tickets?
Entry to Harvest Festival for 2024 is $69 + booking fees. Shuttles or Wine Geek 101 are additional.
What's the timing of the day?
9:45am Wine Geek 101 starts
10:30am gates open for Harvest Festival
11am Harvest starts
5pm event closes
What is Wine Geek 101?
We are really excited to announce that we’re introducing for the first time, a curated wine tasting experience!
Introducing WINE GEEK 101
Love geeking out over wine? Enjoy quizzing winemakers about the winemaking process? Excited to try new wine styles and varieties? Then this is the experience for you!
Before the Harvest Festival party begins, why not ease into the day (and avoid the queues) by joining us first for a relaxed and fascinating curated wine tasting hosted by the people who made it?
The lineup will feature 8 of our more experimental and off the beaten track wines that you may not have tried before.
Each winemaker will give you a ‘look under the bonnet’ of their winemaking approach – showcasing how our local wineries are pushing the boundaries of traditional winemaking.
This tasting will suit every type of wine lover, from the person who takes a notebook to tastings through to the enthusiastic beginner just starting their journey into the wonderful world of wine.
Tickets will be an extra $50 + booking fees, and are limited to 50 people
We've gone cashless
In the past, this event has been a cash only event, with people guessing how much cash to bring along and then using our cash out facilities on site to withdraw more as needed.
The introduction of a cashless payment system means you can top up in advance or onsite using cash or eftpos; and is also linked to our alcohol licence.
We are doing everything we can to make this as smooth a process as possible for everyone.
All vendors and our information tent team can let you know how much you have remaining on your wristband throughout the day.
Skip the queue to top-up your wristband before Harvest by visiting www.wayver.io
Select “Online Top Up”; Follow the prompts; Your money will be added to your wristband at the gates.
You can top up online or on your way to the event. Once you scan your ticket at the gate you will only be able to top up at the top-up station onsite.
The refund portal will be available for 4 weeks after Harvest Festival. This is how long you’ll have to request any balance left on your wristbands to be refunded. Once you apply, the funds will be in your account within a few days.
For refunds / terms and conditions visit www.wayver.io
How do I get my Wayver refund?
Request a refund via the Wayver portal before Saturday 16th March ‘24.
- Log in using the account you created if you topped up online pre event, or create an account
- Type in your wristband number. This can be found on the inside of your wristband tag.
- Enter your NZ bank account number in the correct format, and follow the prompts to complete your submission
- All payments will be made weekly on Fridays into your nominated bank account
Online refunds are available for 4 weeks post event. Refunds close on 16th March 2024.
All online refunds incur a $2 bank fee. For further Wayver terms and conditions, visit wayver.co.nz/terms
This year we will share a pricing guide to assist with topping up in advance, but also you can choose to top your wristband up on site using cash or eftpos as well if you find you need more funds.
Red wine from $7
White wine from $6
Glass of wine:
Red wine from $13
White wine from $11
Non-alcoholic beverages from $3
Food ranges from $6.50 to $23 per item
Do you still have eftpos?
What's the site layout?
We’ve made a change to 2024’s layout, have a look at our map.
Once you arrive
All regional shuttle passengers will be dropped directly at the event site.
If driving to the event you will be directed to car parking, then buses will be running on loops from 10.45am to take you from the car parking area to the event site – for health and safety reasons we cannot let people walk to or from the event site.
The Harvest Festival starts at 11am and finishes at 5pm.
To bring or not to bring…
Wayver wristbands will be replacing cash at wineries and foodies stalls from 2023. There will be top-up facilities available on the day. You can top-up your wristband pre-Event or on the day.
Things you may want to think about bringing to Harvest Festival:
- picnic blanket or small camping chair
- empty water bottle
- sun hat
- your fun festival attitude
We ask that you do not bring:
- food or beverages
- umbrellas or furniture
Let us entertain you
We’ve got an awesome line up planned for you. Sit back and enjoy or get up on your feet and make the most of the party. Visit our website for details of the line-up.
Download the programme
As part of our efforts to look after our environment, we have decided not to print programmes this year. There will be a downloadable version of the pdf available on our website a week out from the event, we recommend you download this in advance (final programme will be uploaded no later than 2 weeks prior to Harvest). In addition, there will be signage to assist you in navigating the site on the day.
Download the 2024 programme.
Do you have a self-contained Motorhome or Caravan?
Make the most of our beautiful sheltered riverside location and stay the weekend! There are various options available for sites adjacent to the Festival. Both riverside and sheltered paddock sites are available and will be allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis. All self-contained motorhomes are welcome however depending on the size of the vehicle owners may be directed to specific allocated sites.
We are asking people to register for sites so that we can monitor demand. To register please complete the form on the website.
Conditions of entry
- Entry will be by ticket only. Everyone 4yrs and over will require a valid event ticket. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Wairarapa Wines Harvest Festival is a supervised event. A parent or guardian must accompany anyone under the age of 18.
- Harvest Festival runs a no pass out policy. Once you have entered the festival you cannot leave and re-enter.
- Right of Admission Reserved – In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all guests, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission and refund the ticket value.
- Admission is at Ticket Holders own risk. The Organiser will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at this event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the ticket holder or the unforeseeable actions of other patrons.
- Ticket holders consent to being filmed and/or photographed for possible use in promotional material.
- No glass bottles, cans, alcohol or food of any kind may be brought into this event. Empty water bottles may be brought in to fill with the free water available.
- Anyone who looks under 25 years of age will be required to provide proof of age when entering the site to receive a glass and be allowed to purchase alcohol. This must take the form of one of the following types of identification:
- HANZ 18+Card
- New Zealand Driver’s License,
- New Zealand or Foreign Passports
- In addition, each vendor will recheck the purchaser’s age if they feel unsure.
- Intoxicated persons will not be served alcohol and will be required to leave the event.
- The Ticket Holder will be required to leave the venue if he or she:
- Engages in conduct, which unreasonably interferes with the enjoyment of the event by the patrons
- Hampers or impedes the conduct of the event
- Breaches any by-laws or orders applicable to the venue.
- Security screening of everyone entering the venue and their bags to ensure no prohibited items are brought into the festival, including alcohol or other bottled liquids.
To be kept up to date with the latest news and announcements like our Facebook page.
What about the weather?
Harvest Festival will proceed in all weather provided it is safe to do so.
If the event needs to be cancelled or postponed for any reason, all ticketholders will be notified by email; and our website and social media channels will also be updated with relevant information.